Chocolate Coconut Almond Cookies (GF & dairy free with vegan substitution)
• 1 ¼ cup almond flour
• 1 Tsp. cacao powder (I used Viva Naturals)
• 1/3 cup coconut sugar (or light brown sugar)
• 1/2 tsp. baking powder
• ¼ tsp sea salt
• 1 Tsp. unrefined coconut oil
• ½ tsp. vanilla extract
• 1 Tsp. pure maple syrup
• *1 egg
• ½ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
• ½ cup almond slices
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F
2. In a large mixing bowl (or stand mixer bowl) stir in almond flour, baking powder, cacao powder, light brown sugar, and sea salt
3. Add in vanilla extract, maple syrup, egg, and coconut oil. Mix on medium speed in stand mixer until dough clumps together (it will be like 2 clumps)
4. Add in shredded coconut and almond slices and mix in on low speed.
5. Shape dough into approx. 1” balls and place on baking sheet with a silpat mat or on parchment paper. Press down to flatten the balls to about ½” thickness.
6. Bake until edges begin to brown. Took about 10 minutes in my oven.
7. Remove and let cool.
*Substitute the egg with 2 Tsp. chia seeds soaked in hot water to soften