- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fine sea salt
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast (do not substitute with any other yeast)
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 clove garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard (dijon or yellow)
- 16 ounces Elbow or shell pasta of choice (gluten-free, if needed)
- freshly ground black pepper
- paprika , for garnish
- seeded and chopped fresh jalapeños
Prepare the pasta according to package directions.
While the pasta is cooking, combine the cashews, lemon juice, water, salt, nutritional yeast, chili powder, garlic, turmeric, cayenne (if using), and mustard in a high speed blender and blend until silky smooth. If the mixture is too thick, add 2-4 more tablespoons of water and blend again.
Once the pasta is tender, drain and rinse it, then return the pasta to the pot and stir in the cheese sauce (and optional fresh jalepenos). Season to taste and serve warm!
Recipe from Detoxinsta